Grooming is a vital part of the well-being and health of your pet. All pets of all breeds require daily grooming, but how much grooming depends on the breed, age, or health of your pet.
Regular grooming from our professional groomers at Kleinburg Veterinary Hospital helps to ensure your pet is healthy and comfortable. Some pets require a yearly groom, while others require a professional groom monthly.
A few of the many benefits of having your pet professionally groomed:
1) Bathing by a professional groomer assists in removing dirt and excess oil from the skin. This can help prevent future skin problems.
2) Groomers are able to feel for lumps and bumps that may not be noticeable in your everyday pet cuddles with your pet.
3) Hair that is tangled and matted is extremely uncomfortable for your pet and may even cause excessive pain.
4) Sanitary trims help prevent your pet’s stool from sticking to fur and urine from drying on long hair or causing skin burn.
5) If nails are not trimmed on a regular basis, the quicks will become long and can grow into the paw pads, which is extremely painful.